Tuesday, February 10, 2015

January Wrap-Up

Hello, everybody!

Today I want to talk about my January Wrap-Up :) Unfortunately, I didn't really read much since I had a lot of exams at the end of the month... Only two books! I am ashamed. Well, I started a third one on January 29, but I finished it in February so I won't count that. 


The first book I read was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling. This is my favourite Harry Potter book so far! In this book, Sirius Black, a wizard accused of being a supporter of Voldemort and murdering lots of people, escapes the prison Azkaban. Rumours, that he is looking for Harry in order to kill him, are spreading fast. What's more, the Hogwarts Divination teacher always predicts Harry's death.... All that seemed very depressing, but the turn in the end of the book took my breath away!! I still think, that this was one of the most brilliant "story changes" I have ever read. I know many people say that the third part of Harry Potter is the worst, but I can't understand them :P I gave it 4/5 stars on goodreads.com

P.S. If you haven't checked out my goodreads account, now is a good time! ;)


The second book is also a Harry Potter book, namely Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I have only seen one Harry Potter movie and it was this one. So I already knew what this book is about and maybe that's why I didn't like it so much. In fact, it is my least favourite Harry Potter book so far. 
In this book, the Triwizard Tournament takes place at Hogwarts. Strangely, Harry is elected as a fourth champion, even though he is actually too young to compete. He and the three other champions have to face three tasks through which a winner will be selected. But strange things are happening... Harry often feels Voldemort's presence in the scar on his forehead... No, I'm not going to spoil anything here now!
I enjoyed a lot of scenes in this book, so I gave it 3/5 stars although I didn't enjoy the book as a whole.


Have a nice day,

Larissi ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment