Thursday, February 5, 2015

February TBR

Hey, guys!

Today I'm back with my February TBR :D

As it is already February 5, I have even finished two books by now. These are Looking for Alaska by John Green and Damals war es Friedrich by Hans Peter Richter. Actually I wanted to read both of them in January but I didn't manage to do so. However, I started LfA in January at least ;)
I have already told you the content of these books in my January TBR, so I won't repeat myself here.





The book I am currently reading is Ich schreib dir jeden Tag or in English I'll be seeing you by Suzanne Hayes and Loretta Nyhan. This book was a total cover buy. Look how beautiful it is! I think the German cover is just so much more charming than the original cover (on the right side).
So, a little bit about the content:
The book is about two women, Glory and Rita, who are pen friends in the Second World War. Their husbands and also Rita's son are soldiers who have to serve their home country. The book only consists of letters. Letters to and from Glory and Rita but also letters to their husbands/son. Glory and Rita help each other through the rough life of war and attempt to shorten the period of waiting. Waiting for the end of war and for their loved ones to come home.



The next book I'd like to read (but also have to for university) is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. I have wanted to read this book for a few years now, because I gave up on it when I started it in English at the age of 15. I guess I was just too young and my English wasn't good enough to understand the plot. But as I have to read it for an exam in March, I will do so now! Jane Eyre is about an orphan girl who lives with her aunt and cousins who they treat her really cruelly. The book shows her suffering childhood and adolescence as well as her grown-up life later. As a young woman she meets a man, Mr. Rochester and falls in love with him. Mr. Rochester, however, has a secret locked away in his attic.......





The book I am most excited to read this month is.... Blankets by Craig Thompson! This is going to be my first graphic novel ever! :D It just got delivered today (together with All the Light We Cannot See and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe) and I am soooo looking forward to reading this!! This autobiographical graphic novel follows Craig through his childhood into his early adulthood. His family is Evangelical Christian but Craig struggles with this belief. In a Christian camp he meets his first love Raina. Craig also has a brother, with whom he got along well as a child but they drift apart as they grow older. He has to face a lot of troubles, at home as well as at school, where he gets bullied.



So that is my TBR for February. Let me know what you are going to read this month! Have you read any of the books I mentioned?`:)

Have a great holiday,

Larissi ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment