Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Vegan breakfast ideas

Hello, my lovelies :)

Today I am back with some ideas for a vegan breakfast.  I made the experience that many people don't know what to eat in the morning and sometimes I also get quite bored of breakfast. So I made up my mind and summed up the most appetizing as well as some common vegan dishes. Let's start with the more common and simple ones and then go on to the more elaborate food.




Jam
Many people don't know that jam is without gelatin but usually made with a gelling agent called pectin which stems from plants, mostly apples. Also peanut butter is generally vegan, so you can enjoy a delicious peanut butter jelly sandwich :D
I also like so spread Tahini (sesame paste) on my bread or roll instead of peanut butter. Sesame contains a lot of iron and calcium so that is very healthy.



 

Cereals
There's no need to abandon cornflakes or cini minis because you can easily substitute cow's milk with plant-based milk like rice milk, soy milk or oat milk for example. Nowadays you find those milk replacements in nearly all the supermarkets. 









Smoothies
Many people like to start their day with a filling smoothie. For me, however, a smoothie is normally not enough except when I get up very late and there isn't much time left until lunch. A smoothie in general is blended fruit and vegetables with a little bit of water or (vegan) yogurt. I think the most essential ingredients for smoothies are bananas because they make the smoothie really creamy and also sweet. 





Porridge/Oatmeal
I really love Porridge for breakfast! It is also quite easy and quick to make. My recipe is 4-5 tablespoons of oat flakes and 1 1/2 cups of rice milk. Heat them up until they boil and then let them simmer for about 5-10 minutes. I don't add sugar because I think the oatmeal is sweet enough, but sometimes I add coconut flakes, a banana or berries at the end.







Scrambled Tofu
That meal is the vegan version of scrambled eggs. I mainly prepare it on the weekends because I don't have time to make a time-consuming breakfast during the week. You need:
☻plain tofu
☻vegetables you like (I usually take tomatoes and bell peppers)
a little bit of turmeric for the colour
☻Kala Namak salt (if you don't have this at hand, you can use normal salt, but this salt adds some "eggy" taste)

I also like to add pepper and a little bit of curry, but that's probably not everyone's taste.



I hope you liked my ideas and that you will try out some of them (if you haven't already)!
Larissi ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment