Wednesday, January 14, 2015

December Wrap-Up

Hi, guys! :)

Here comes my Wrap-Up for the month December. Unfortunately, I read only three books but I had so much to do for university that I didn't have time to read more :(



The first book I finished in December was Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken. This is the second book in the Darkest Minds Trilogy. This trilogy is about a 16-year-old girl named Ruby, who lives in a world where a special virus has infected all children. Because of this virus, the kids have now certain abilities. There are some pretty harmless abilities, such as the power of moving objects and people with their thoughts or having a great knowledge in science. However, there are also some with dangerous abilities. Some can produce or destroy electricity with their hands or even thoughts, some can control other human’s minds, that means they can read their minds but sometimes they can also erase memories like Ruby can. The most dangerous ones are the kids who can produce fire with their hands. The kids have been put in special camps where they are being watched all the time and have to work very hard. In the second book, Ruby has already escaped a camp and is now with a league who wants to help the children. There she has a mission to complete which also includes looking for her (ex-) boyfriend whom she still loves. I didn’t like Never Fade as much as the first book but it still was a gripping read so I gave it 3 out of 5 stars on goodreads.com



The second book I read in December was Where She Went by Gayle Forman. This is the last book in the If I Stay duology. I’m sure most of you know If I Stay as the movie came out recently. Where She Went is written from Adam’s point of few. Three years after Mia has left him without a goodbye, he is nearly hitting the bottom after the huge success of his band. But then he meets Mia again and realizes he has to change…
At first I didn’t like the story so much because all you read about was Adams hard life with which he could not cope. But when he met Mia the book  got better and in the end I really enjoyed it, so this one also got 3 stars.





The last book I read in December was The Kill Order by James Dashner. This book is the fourth and last book of the Maze Runner Series. Also this book was made into a movie adaptation in 2014. The Kill Order is the prequel to the first book so you get to know what exactly happened when the sun flares hit the world. There are new characters and you follow them upon their dangerous and saddening tries to escape the horrors of the sun flares and a spreading virus which makes everyone who gets it go crazy. In the end you also know how WICKED, an organization trying to find a cure for this virus, was formed and how Thomas and Theresa (the main characters in the Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure) have gotten to WICKED. The book was quite good, but it didn’t draw me in all the time, and though I liked it more than the second and third book. I gave it 3 out of 5 stars as well.


I hope you enjoyed reading this!
Bye,


Larissi ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment