Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Prague, Czech Republic

DobrĂ½ den!

This post will be about travelling again :D

A few days after I came home from Seoul, I went to Prague in the Czech Republic with some friends!
Because as Rumi, a Persian poet, has already said: 

“Travel brings power and love back into your life.”

We went there by bus because it was the cheapest way and it took only 4 hours to get there from Vienna. We had a nice apartment near the Dancing House.


Down our street there was this little book store, which I absolutely loved. I bought about 5 books there I think!



I had never been to Prague before and I was stunned by that town! I think Prague is one of the most beautiful cities I have been to so far! (The others one are Verona and San Gimignano ;)) 

We stayed only four days but it was enough to get a feeling for this town and do a little bit of sight-seeing. 


Of course we went to the Charles Bridge which is the probably the most known sight in Prague. It was nice in the daylight, but it was gorgeous in the evening when it was already dark!

 






We also went to the Astronomical Clock that shows the astronomical dials and the calendar dial representing the months. The most fascinating part however is, that every full hour the "Walk of the Apostles" happens where the 12 apostles move by the windows and the death comes out.



In this picture you can see two apostles above the clock and the death (skeleton) on the right side of the clock



Of course we also visited the Prague Castle, the official residence of the president of the Czech Republic. This castle is also the largest ancient castle in the world. And it really was huge! We just looked at it from the outside and went in only so far that we didn't have to buy a ticket :P










The castle is situated on a hill, so from up there you had a wonderful view over the town.




That's Kafkas house

In the area of the Prague Castle there is also a little street, called the "Golden Lane". It is called "Golden Lane" because in the 16th century alchemists looked there for a reaction the produce gold. The street consists of tiny, coloured houses. What's more, house no. 22 had also been Franz Kafka's house for two years. Today there are souvenir shops in nearly all of the houses.








One morning, when my friends were still asleep, I went out to explore our surroundings a little bit. And there I found a little park in the middle of the river Vltava. It was about nine o'clock and everything was quiet and the sun was already shining. I sat there at the wall by the river and just felt happy. This was the best moment of that trip really. 







You could even see the Charles Bridge from that park.







With that, I would like to finish this post about the wonderful city Prague. If you ever get the chance to go there -- do it! I would certainly go there again :)

Have a great weekend :D


Na shledanou!

Larissi ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment